AMP for email allows senders to send rich and engaging emails to our users. It leverages a subset of AMPHTML components and will allow recipients to interact dynamically with content directly in the message. See the AMP developer documentation for more information.
Verizon Media's support AMP for Email is currently considered in Beta. Please check the list of supported platforms. We will add additional support and features in the future.
In order to use AMP for Email within Verizon Media's mail applications, senders will need to
We require senders to register with us before we enable AMP content within mails sent to our users.
Please follow these steps to get started:
- Read through the guidelines and requirements
- Send a real, production-ready email coming from your production server (with valid SPF/DKIM/DMARC) and the AMP MIME part to email@example.com. Do not forward mails to that address.
- Complete the registration form
Once we respond with an approval you are all set to send AMP mails to our users.
You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and for support.
To be approved and to be able to send AMP emails to Verizon Media the following requirements need to be met:
- Follow our Sending Best Practices
- Register with Verizon Media
- Emails must have a similar HTML or text MIME part. There are many instances where this is shown instead, such as when the user has disabled dynamic email.
- The email must be DKIM signed
- The email must pass DMARC OR DKIM with strict domain alignment
- DMARC disposition of quarantine or reject is recommended and might be enforced in the future
AMP for Email is currently supported on Yahoo Webmail only and restricted to the following browsers:
|Internet Exporer||Not Supported|
Support for AOL Mail and mobile platforms is coming soon.