Create Ad Groups to Drive App Installs¶
When you create a new Native ad campaign, you also need to create an initial ad group.
If you want to get up and running on Native quickly, you do not need to create any additional ad groups. However, if you want to harness the full power of the Verizon Media Native Ad Platform, you can optionally set up additional ad groups for your campaigns. To set up additional ad groups, first create your campaign.
Step 1: Create Ad Groups¶
Follow these steps to create your ad group.
- From the Native UI, go to the Manage ads tab.
- From the Native Manage ads tab, select the link to which you want to add an ad group.
- Click New Ad Group.
Step 2: Set Up Your Schedule & Budget¶
In the New ad group dialog, you name your ad group, set the dates you want the ads within your ad group to run, and set your Bid strategy (either with a focus on clicks or a focus on conversions). Finally, you set the Default bid: the amount in USD you are willing to pay on a Cost Per Click (CPC).
To set your schedule and budget:
- Enter a name for your ad group.
- Set the schedule. Do one of the following:
- Select Start running ads immediately.
- Select Set a start and end date, and then select the dates you want the ad group to run.
- For bidding, do the following:
- If you want to bid the same amount for native and search ads, set a cost per click (CPC) price.
- If you want to bid different amounts for native and search ads, click Show advanced settings, move the Set separate bids for native and search ads slider to the right, and and enter separate CPC amounts for each ad type.
Step 3: Define Your Audience¶
Defining your audience tells the Native Ad Platform the types of people you to whom you want your ad to serve. If you want to use your campaign-level settings, you can skip this section.
If you do not want to use your campaign-level audience settings, move the Use my campaign level settings slider to the right.
To define an ad group-level audience:
- Define the locations you want to target. In the Locations text box, start typing the name of a country, state, city or Nielson Designated Marketing Area (DMA) that you want to target.
- If you want to set up negative geographical targeting (a list of countries that you do not want to target), click Advanced settings and type the name of the countries, states, cities, or DMAs where you do not want your ad to serve.
- Set up interest targeting for your native ads by selecting the hobbies and interests your customers pursue. The more interests you add, the more narrow your reach will be. To set up interest targeting, do one of the following:
- Start typing the name of an interest in the text box
- Click Browse to see a scrollable list of interests
Step 4: Choose Your Images¶
Upload images that are common to all the ads in the ad group. Later, when you create ads, you can upload additional ad-specific images.
Native Ad Platform uses the large rectangle image to create a square image, but you can optionally upload a different square image if you like.
- Under the Large rectangle image, drag and drop an image or click Upload Image and browse to the image you want to upload. The minimum image size is 1200x627px and the aspect ratio should be 1.9:1.
- Optionally upload a square image. The suggested size for the square image is 627x627px, with a 1:1 aspect ratio.
Step 6: Preview Your Ad Group Content on Different Devices¶
Take a look at your ad group content to see how it looks on different devices. Click the device icons and arrow icons to the right of the Text and links area to see if you need to make adjustments to any of your images or text.
Step 7: Enter Your Keywords and Create Your Ad Group¶
- Provide a list of keywords you want to target in your search ads.
- Choose words and phrases that customers would use to search for your products and services.
- When you are finished, click Save.