Reporting & Key Metrics¶
The Native Ad Platform provides reporting capabilities that allow you to track key metrics required to manage and optimize your campaigns.
Use reporting for these key metrics:
- click-through rates
- ad spend, as well as other metrics specific to your campaign’s marketing objective.
You can break down reporting information by various campaign levels (campaign, creative, keyword), by targeting dimensions (such as geo, device), by specific features (ad extensions, product ads), and other other attributes associated with your campaigns and creatives.
You can view a high-level overview of your campaign, ad, keyword performance from the Reporting Dashboard or you can get more granular performance breakdowns on the page. You can export and schedule reports. You can consume data via reporting APIs.
You can query up to 13 months of data, although in some cases this is limited to a shorter date range. Metrics are available across search and native campaigns. Reports will only show data for entities that served during the requested time interval. Metrics are always in your account’s currency and timezone.
If you click Account spend with adjustments, you’ll see an account level panel of your spend, with multiple options, including date range, date breakdown, report format, schedule, and sample output.
Use Key Performance Indicator¶
Use an enhanced Key Performance Indicator bar (KPI bar) in the UI that lets you view and customize charting data and key performance metrics for your campaigns, ads, ad groups and keywords.
As an advertiser, you’ll be able to see hourly data for your campaigns, ads and ad groups, so that you can do day-parting bid optimization for enhanced campaign performance. The KPI tool supports the following date ranges:
- A custom range within 24 hours
And these entities:
- Ad Group
How It Works¶
The following are some of the tasks you can accomplish when working with the KPI bar in the Native Ad Platform UI.
To customize the KPI (key performance indicators) bar:
- Click the more icon in the upper right corner of the KPI bar and select Customize KPI list from the dropdown. A list of all available metrics will appear.
- Click the add/remove icon next to the metric to customize what metrics are shown on the KPI bar.
To customize the KPI bar, you’ll need to remove the metrics shown on the chart. A minimum of 2 metrics are always displayed on the KPI bar.
To apply a price type filter:
- Click the more icon in upper right corner of the KPI bar, choose Select a price type from the dropdown. A list of all available options will appear.
- Once you apply a filter on the price type, the metrics and chart will update for the filter. The description of the selected price type will appear on top of the chart.
You can choose only the price type for which you want to see the metrics and charts.
To hide or show a chart:
- Click the more icon in the upper right corner of the KPI bar, then click Hide chart.
- To bring the chart back into view, click the more icon in the upper right corner of the KPI bar, then click Show chart.
To customize the metrics shown on a chart:
You can now select the metrics you want for the charts from the KPI bar.
- To select a different primary metric, first undo the selection by clicking on the selected primary metric, then click the metric you want to select as the primary.
- To select a different secondary metric, simply click the metric that you want from the KPI bar on the top.
You can see up to 2 metrics at once in the same chart.
Use the Reporting Tab¶
Use the Reporting tab to create your customized reports, run them on demand or schedule them to be delivered via email. We’ve refreshed the report center to make pulling reports, and getting the data you need, more intuitively and with less effort.
The necessary fields for key reports are now preselected, while others are grouped to make customizing your reports a snap. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, a search box is available to quickly find the fields you need. Plus, you’ll get a preview of your report format to ensure you are requesting exactly the right data for your needs.
Faster and More Granular Reporting¶
We’ve updated our reporting capabilities to make granular reporting data easier to access. Now you can get check out your performance by the hour. Simply select the hour option from the detailed view when you create a new report.
This makes it easier to understand your customers’ searching habits, and tailor your targeting accordingly.
Are your customers more likely to make purchases at certain times of days? Now you can pinpoint those fruitful times of day, and use ad scheduling to boost your bids to ensure you reach these searchers.