Create a Conversion Rule¶
You can create a conversion rule easily and edit the rule to change the rule name and post-view conversions with a two-day conversion window.
Follow these steps:
- To begin, you need first need to create a Campaign.
- Now from the Yahoo Native & Search Tools tab, click the Conversion rules menu item.
- In the Conversion rules dialog that pops up, click New rule.
- In the Create new conversion rule dialog, enter the Name of your conversion rule.
- Choose the Type of rule conversion you wish, either a Page URL (for example, http://yourstore.com/checkout or an Web event (for example, customer played a video).
- Enter an amount for your conversion in the Conversion value field. This field lets you specify how much the conversion event is worth to you in general. The value will only be used if you are not tracking the dynamic conversion value. Amounts are in USD.
- Select a Conversion category for your conversion from the dropdown menu that appears. This can be a Purchase, Sign up, Lead, Add to cart, or Others.
- If you chose Page URL as your rule type, enter Equals to, Begins with, Regular expression or Contains and enter the page URL in the next field
- Click Create conversion rule.
In the list of Conversion rules, you’ll see the Rule name, Rule ID, Conversion category and the Tag code.
- If you click the radio button Type as Web event in the Create new conversion rule dialog, you can define the type of web event you want.
- In the Conversion rules dialog, you can add New rules and track the rules you’ve created.
If you need to change the category, default conversion value or adjust the destination URL, you’ll need to delete the existing rule and create a new rule. Native & Search won’t let you change or modify the existing rule that you’ve set up. Changing the existing rule may alter conversion reporting and have an impact on optimizing your conversions.
The following example shows how you might use the custom event script to capture the event of a user adding a $249 electronics item to a shopping cart: