Check out these new features, enhancements and changes introduced in Verizon Media Ad Platform.
New: Dynamic Product Ads (DPA) for Travel & Hotels, and DPA for Retail¶
- Verizon Media now provides you with two new feed ad solutions: Dynamic Product Ads for Travel & Hotels and Dynamic Product Ads for Retail. Because Dynamic Product Ads automatically show products to shoppers who have already viewed, searched, initiated checkout or purchased a hotel or cruise reservation, they provide an effective solution for travel and hotel retailers.
- For an overview of key benefits, steps to get started, best practices, strategies and solutions, see our Travel & Hotel Solutions and our Retail Solutions guides. If you’re an advertiser who is familiar with Facebook Dynamic Ads for Travel and Facebook Retail & ecommerce ads, you’ll want to be sure to sign up for this offering from Verizon Media. Our implementation is similar to that of Facebook’s. Note that both Travel & Hotel Solutions and the Retail Solutions guides are intended for advertisers who have already iterated through the sections for Dynamic Product Ads in the Advertiser Guide.
New DPA Targeting Attributes¶
- When setting up Dynamic Product Ads in the UI, you can now target Custom Audiences as well as set site bid adjustments to optimize your site-level campaign performance. For setup steps, see How to Create a Dynamic Product Ad in our Advertiser Guide.
Run Carousel Ads as Single Image¶
- We’ve introduced the option to run Carousel Ads as a single image, to help boost your campaign’s reach, using the new
runAsSingleImagefield. See details in the Fields section of Ad Object API and in Ad Object Bulk documentation. Also see the Carousel Ads section of the Advertiser Guide for a screenshot of where to toggle the switch in the UI to turn on this feature.
New Countdown Timer Prefix Text for Flash Sale Ad¶
To add Countdown Prefix to a Flash Sale Ad in the UI, refer to the Advertiser Guide for options and examples.
Updated Verizon Media Native UI¶
- We’ve updated the design of our Native platform to reflect the updated Verizon Media branding. Note that this update does not change the current Native UI functionality. The UI may look a little different, but trust that you still have access to all the great data, inventory and performance that you are used to.
Meanwhile, we’re working to update the existing screenshots of the UI to match this new Verizon Media design. Stay tuned.
As a reminder, the Verizon Media developer team now provides you with a new web portal for Technical documentation across multiple data and ad platforms. If you wish to explore data and ad solutions for additional platforms, tools and features such as DSP, Audience Insights, Verizon Ads SDK, Yahoo App Marketing, and Mail, be sure to check out our helpful tools, guides and API reference content.
New: Strict Validation for Redirect URLs¶
Updated Bulk Operations¶
- We’ve updated the API documentation for Bulk operations, with the latest information on how to upload and download bulk files in your advertiser accounts. A sample tab-separated CSV file spreadsheet is provided, along with information on Bulk schemas and objects. Check out the documentation for Bulk Operations.
New Native Insights Article¶
- Check out our latest article, Make every mobile moment shoppable this holiday season. In this article, you’ll learn about solutions to engage shoppers with mobile ad units and features that provide options for advertisers looking to drive audiences from simply browsing to an intentional, buying mindset.
New Video in Ad Workshop: Transforming the Customer & Journey¶
- Check out our latest video in the Ad Workshop section of the Advertiser Guide: Transforming the Journey. In this segment, we discuss the nature of the customer experience, particularly on mobile, and what, as advertisers, either managed or self-serve, we need to know and understand about that experience. The video looks at how we can achieve better ad experiences on mobile and focuses on the advantage of using Native to accomplish that for customers coming to the Verizon Media Ad Platform. Customers want ads that blend into a page on mobile, desktop and tablet. Ads that are, in effect, a form of content. Native Ad Platform is built to deliver experiences that match what people want at specific moments of intent.
New On-Demand Webinar: Get Results This Holiday with Native Campaigns¶
- Check out our latest on-demand webinar, Get Results This Holiday With Native Campaigns. In this 21-minute webinar, you’ll earn how eCommerce is quickly evolving and about unique native ad solutions available for your holiday campaigns. You’ll discover helpful trends and insightful changes with today’s online holiday shoppers. Unwrap interactive native ad formats that drive greater engagement and performance. See real-life examples of which ad formats to use for your specific holiday goals.
New: Video in Ad Workshop: Zen and the Art of Digital Storytelling¶
- Check out our latest video in the Ad Workshop section of the Advertiser Guide: Zen & the Art of Digital Storytelling. In this video, we step back a bit to explore some of the techniques you can employ to write ad copy that works best to reach and connect with your target customers. Frank Palmieri, a Senior Manager on the Account Strategy team at Verizon Media, walks you through the steps you need to follow – and delivers the answers. The essence of writing great ad copy – copy that converts – is telling a compelling story that excites your customers and provides them with a call to action.
New: Verizon Media Technical Documentation Website¶
- The Yahoo developer team now provides you with a new web portal for Technical documentation across multiple data and ad platforms. If you wish to explore data and ad solutions for DSP, Audience Insights, Verizon Ads SDK, Yahoo App Marketing, Mail and other opportunities, be sure to check out the tools, guides and API reference content available on these sites.