Integrate Dynamic Product Ads¶
Integrating Dynamic Product Ads is straightforward and easy to implement, enabling you to display feed-based ads on a Verizon Media native ad platform.
Follow these steps:
- Apply for Verizon Media API access. Details on how to apply are available at Verizon Media API: Apply for Access. Complete the form and submit. If you are already an Verizon Media API partner, skip this step.
- Create an Advertiser account with Verizon Media using gemini.yahoo.com. If you want to use an existing account, skip this step. Note that DPA targeting requires 1 website per account.
- Create a Campaign with the Objective as VISIT_OFFER and channel as NATIVE. Create an Ad group and set the CPC bid.
- Use the Product feed API, described in Product Feed Operations, to upload your feed to Native Ad Platform. The feed file should be in .csv or .tsv format. Refer to the section describing the DPA Feed File Formats for details.
- Create the product set using the Product Set API.
- DPAs are available using a CPC bid. Once you’ve created an Ad group, be sure to set the CPC bid and provide
productSetIdin the request body. Note that you need to customize your ad template, as described in the section DPA Templates.
- Retrieve your dot tag from your account on gemini.yahoo.com and place it on each page of your product website. If you have already implemented the dot tag, skip this step.
- Implement DPA rules, once you’ve instrumented your dot pixel tag; otherwise, your product catalog cannot be served. For details, refer to DPA Dot Tag Instrumentation.
If you have not installed dot tags, be sure to review Dot Tags, which describes how to install and manage dot tags. We request that you use an event script that enables you to track the product that the user has interacted with on your website. To accomplish this, you’ll need to focus on event actions, specifically these string values: ViewProduct, AddToCart, and Purchase to differentiate the conversion funnel. Details are available in Dot Tag Instrumentation.
That’s it. Your ad should start serving to the users you are retargeting when the user visits anywhere Verizon Media native ads are served.