Welcome to the Native & Search API Product Bulletin. This update includes a quick snapshot of recent and upcoming releases and is focused on features supported by the API. A summary of supported functionality is also included.
Product Bulletins are updated on a monthly cadence for Native & Search API partners, account managers and developers.
Tune into the January Product Bulletin podcast for the latest on Native & Search API features, changes and product enhancements released this month by the product development team.
Introducing Site Blocking For Brand Safety & Improved Performance¶
- We’ve introduced the capability to block sites in supply targeting, available in the API, Bulk and UI. Note that Site Block Targeting is available for Native campaigns, and can only be set at the campaign level. Also, bid modifiers are not allowed for Site Block Targeting. Blocking sites is useful for ensuring the safety of your brand as well as improving the performance of your Native campaigns. For more details on how it works, see v3 Site Block Targeting for the endpoint and example representation, plus details on the new domain performance stats cube. Also see Bulk Fields documentation and an overview of how it works in the Advertiser Guide.
UI Support Added for Oath Interest Segments¶
- UI support for Oath Interest Segments has been added. For details, see the Advertiser Guide. As a reminder, API and Bulk targeting capability support for Interest Segments was released in 2018, and can be set at both the Native campaign and ad group levels. See Interest Segments in the Data Dictionary for detailed information about the parameters as well as an example call.
New Reporting Fields for Performance Cubes¶
- Three new reporting fields are available for Performance Cubes: Interactions, Interaction Rate and Interactive Impressions Rate. For details, see the Performance Stats section of Cubes documentation.
Codes to Download for Location Mapping & Targeting¶
- We’ve updated codes for AdWords location mapping, Geo targeting, Interest targeting and Language targeting. You can download these updated resources as comma-separated values (.csv) files.
[UI] Video Overview: New Supply Group Bid Insights Tool¶
- We’ve added a new video walkthrough in the Advertiser Guide to introduce Supply Group Bid Insights, a new tool in our Native & Search UI Insights feature suite. This short video includes a UI walkthrough of the tool and explains Bid Strength optimization in depth. Also see the Advertiser Guide for more information about key features, how it works, and FAQs.
Make Bulk Edit Changes Directly in UI¶
- You can now make bulk edits directly in the Native and Search UI across multiple campaigns. This is particularly useful for advertisers who are not using bulksheet uploads and downloads as their primary method to modify campaign settings. See the overview in the Advertiser Guide for more details about how it works.
Reminder: New API Endpoints Documentation¶
Reminder: Zip Code Targeting Available via API for Native Campaigns¶
Reminder: Glossary of Native & Search Terms¶
Reminder: Updated Postman to v3 Endpoint¶
- Updated the Postman collection to the v3 endpoint for all API calls. Using Postman, you can test and verify the calls you make in the Native & Search API. See Postman API Toolkit.
Reminder: Bulk Downloads Performance¶
If you have a large account and notice your bulk downloads are taking longer over time, please consider deleting dormant or orphaned objects (Campaigns, Keywords, Ads, Ad Groups). See the Native & Search Guide for more details on Bulk operations.
Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix¶
- A matrix is available which details the required fields when serving different ad types. For more information, see the Matrix view of required fields.