Welcome to the Verizon Media Ad Platform API Product Bulletin. This update includes a quick snapshot of recent and upcoming releases and is focused on features supported by the API. A summary of supported functionality is also included.
Product Bulletins are updated on a monthly cadence for Verizon Media API partners, account managers and developers.
- November, 2019
- New: Site Group X Device Targeting Support
- New: Dynamic Product Ads (DPA) for Travel & Hotels, and DPA for Retail
- Reminder: New DPA Targeting Attributes
- Reminder: Run Carousel Ads as Single Image
- Reminder: New Countdown Timer Prefix Text for Flash Sale Ad
- Reminder: Strict Validation for Redirect URLs
- Reminder: Updated Bulk Operations
- Glossary of Key Native Ad Platform Terms, Definitions & Concepts
- Reminder: Updated Postman to v3 Endpoint
- Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix
New: Site Group X Device Targeting Support¶
- Site Group X Device targeting is now supported in the latest versions of the API, as well as both Bulk v2+ and API v2+. Site Group X Device targeting allows native advertisers to modify their bids on a per-site group, per-device basis on selected site groups, and is applicable to native channels-only, as well as VisitWeb, Shopping or PromoteBrand objectives-only. Site Group X Device targeting can be set at either the campaign or ad group level. See our Targeting documentation for details and an example.
Some sites have been migrated to site groups. Advertisers should make a GET call to the site group API endpoint to get a list of all new site groups. See the Data Dictionary to get the latest list of valid site group names.
New: Dynamic Product Ads (DPA) for Travel & Hotels, and DPA for Retail¶
- Verizon Media now provides you with two new feed ad solutions: Dynamic Product Ads for Travel & Hotels and Dynamic Product Ads for Retail. Because Dynamic Product Ads automatically show products to shoppers who have already viewed, searched, initiated checkout or purchased a hotel or cruise reservation, they provide an effective solution for travel and hotel retailers, as well as for retail shoppers.
- For an overview of key benefits, steps to get started, best practices, strategies and solutions, see our Travel & Hotel Solutions and our Retail Solutions guides. If you’re an advertiser who is familiar with Facebook Dynamic Ads for Travel and Facebook Retail & ecommerce ads, you’ll want to be sure to sign up for this offering from Verizon Media. Our implementation is similar to that of Facebook’s. Note that both Travel & Hotel Solutions and the Retail Solutions guides are intended for advertisers who have already iterated through the sections for Dynamic Product Ads in the Advertiser Guide.
Reminder: New DPA Targeting Attributes¶
- When setting up Dynamic Product Ads in the UI, you can now target Custom Audiences as well as set site bid adjustments to optimize your site-level campaign performance. For setup steps, see How to Create a Dynamic Product Ad in our Advertiser Guide.
Reminder: Run Carousel Ads as Single Image¶
- We’ve introduced the option to run Carousel Ads as a single image, to help boost your campaign’s reach, using the new
runAsSingleImagefield. See details in the Fields section of Ad Object API and in Ad Object Bulk documentation. Also see the Carousel Ads section of the Advertiser Guide for a screenshot of where to toggle the switch in the UI to turn on this feature.
Reminder: New Countdown Timer Prefix Text for Flash Sale Ad¶
- We’ve enhanced our Flash Sale Ads with an optional
countdownPrefixTextfield. This can help inform and encourage users to take action before a sale is scheduled to end. You’ll find example representations in the Fields and Operations sections of our Ad Object documentation, plus a set of valid input values in our Data Dictionary.
To add Countdown Prefix to a Flash Sale Ad in the UI, refer to the Advertiser Guide for options and examples.
Reminder: Strict Validation for Redirect URLs¶
Reminder: Updated Bulk Operations¶
- We’ve updated the API documentation for Bulk operations, with the latest information on how to upload and download bulk files in your advertiser accounts. A sample tab-separated CSV file spreadsheet is provided, along with information on Bulk schemas and objects. Check out the latest documentation for Bulk Operations.
Glossary of Key Native Ad Platform Terms, Definitions & Concepts¶
- A Verizon Media Glossary of Key Native Terms, Definitions and Concepts used within our ad platform is available. If you’re looking for definitions of key terms or an abbreviated listing of Native Ad Platform terms for advertisers who are getting started and creating their first campaigns and ad groups, you’ll find them in this alphabetical listing.
Reminder: Updated Postman to v3 Endpoint¶
- Updated the Postman collection to the v3 endpoint for all API calls. Using Postman, you can test and verify the calls you make in the Native & Search API. See Postman API Toolkit.
Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix¶
- A matrix is available which details the required fields when serving different ad types. For more information, see the Matrix view of required fields.