Welcome to the Verizon Media Ad Platform API Product Bulletin. This update includes a quick snapshot of recent and upcoming releases and is focused on features supported by the API. A summary of supported functionality is also included.
Product Bulletins are updated on a monthly cadence for Verizon Media API partners, account managers and developers.
- October, 2019
- New DPA Targeting Attributes
- Run Carousel Ads as Single Image
- New Countdown Timer Prefix Text for Flash Sale Ad
- Shopping Objective Support Added for Site Bid Adjustments
- Reminder: Strict Validation for Redirect URLs
- Reminder: Updated Bulk Operations
- Glossary of Key Native Ad Platform Terms, Definitions & Concepts
- Reminder: Updated Postman to v3 Endpoint
- Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix
New DPA Targeting Attributes¶
- When setting up Dynamic Product Ads in the UI, you can now target Custom Audiences as well as set site bid adjustments to optimize your site-level campaign performance. For setup steps, see How to Create a Dynamic Product Ad in our Advertiser Guide.
Run Carousel Ads as Single Image¶
- We’ve introduced the option to run Carousel Ads as a single image, to help boost your campaign’s reach, using the new
runAsSingleImagefield. See details in the Fields section of Ad Object API and in Ad Object Bulk documentation. Also see the Carousel Ads section of the Advertiser Guide for a screenshot of where to toggle the switch in the UI to turn on this feature.
New Countdown Timer Prefix Text for Flash Sale Ad¶
- We’ve enhanced our Flash Sale Ads with an optional
countdownPrefixTextfield. This can help inform and encourage users to take action before a sale is scheduled to end. You’ll find example representations in the Fields and Operations sections of our Ad Object documentation, plus a set of valid input values in our Data Dictionary. To add Countdown Prefix to a Flash Sale Ad in the UI, refer to the Advertiser Guide for options and examples.
Shopping Objective Support Added for Site Bid Adjustments¶
Reminder: Strict Validation for Redirect URLs¶
Reminder: Updated Bulk Operations¶
- We’ve updated the API documentation for Bulk operations, with the latest information on how to upload and download bulk files in your advertiser accounts. A sample tab-separated CSV file spreadsheet is provided, along with information on Bulk schemas and objects. Check out the latest documentation for Bulk Operations.
Glossary of Key Native Ad Platform Terms, Definitions & Concepts¶
- A Verizon Media Glossary of Key Native Terms, Definitions and Concepts used within our ad platform is available. If you’re looking for definitions of key terms or an abbreviated listing of Native Ad Platform terms for advertisers who are getting started and creating their first campaigns and adgroups, you’ll find them in this alphabetical listing.
Reminder: Updated Postman to v3 Endpoint¶
- Updated the Postman collection to the v3 endpoint for all API calls. Using Postman, you can test and verify the calls you make in the Native & Search API. See Postman API Toolkit.
Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix¶
- A matrix is available which details the required fields when serving different ad types. For more information, see the Matrix view of required fields.