Create Ad Groups to Increase Brand Awareness¶
When you create a new Native ad campaign, you also need to create an initial ad group.
If you want to get up and running on Native quickly, you don’t need to create any additional ad groups. However, if you want to harness the full power of Native, you can optionally set up additional ad groups for your campaigns. To set up additional ad groups, first create your campaign.
Create Ad Groups¶
Follow these steps to create your ad group.
- From the Native UI, go to the Manage ads tab.
- From the Native UI Manage ads tab, select the link which to which you want to add an ad group.
- Click New Ad Group.
Set Up Your Schedule & Budget¶
In the New ad group dialog, you name your ad group, set the dates you want the ads within your ad group to run, and set your Bid strategy (either with a focus on clicks or a focus on conversions). Finally, you set the Default bid: the amount in USD you are willing to pay on a Cost Per Click (CPC) or Cost Per View (CPV) basis.
To set your schedule and budget:
- Type a name for your ad group.
- Set the schedule. Do one of the following:
- Select Start running ads immediately.
- Select Set a start and end date, and then select the dates you want the ad group to run.
- For bidding, enter the amount you want to pay for each 1000 impressions.
Define Your Audience¶
Defining your audience tells Native Ad Platform the types of people you to whom you want your ad to serve. If you want to use your campaign-level settings, you can skip this section.
If you do not want to use your campaign-level audience settings, move the Use my campaign level settings slider to the right.
To define an ad group-level audience:
- Define the locations you want to target. In the Locations text box, start typing the name of a country, state, city or Nielson Designated Marketing Area (DMA) that you want to target.
- If you want to set up negative geographical targeting (a list of countries that you do not want to target), click Advanced settings and type the name of the countries, states, cities, or DMAs where you do not want your ad to serve.
- Set up interest targeting for your native ads by selecting the hobbies and interests your customers pursue. The more interests you add, the more narrow your reach will be. To set up interest targeting, do one of the following:
- Start typing the name of an interest in the text box
- Click Browse to see a scrollable list of interests
Choose Your Images¶
Upload images that are common to all the ads in the ad group. Later, when you create ads, you can upload additional ad-specific images.
Native uses the large rectangle image to create a square image, but you can optionally upload a different square image if you like.
- Under the Large rectangle image, drag and drop an image or click Upload Image and browse to the image you want to upload. The minimum image size is 1200x627px and the aspect ratio should be 1.9:1.
- Optionally upload a square image. The suggested size for the square image is 627x627px, with a 1:1 aspect ratio.
- Upload an .mp4 or .m4v video.
Preview Your Ad Group Content on Different Devices¶
Take a look at your ad group content to see how it looks on different devices. Click the device icons and arrow icons to the right of the Text and links area to see if you need to make adjustments to any of your images or text.