Welcome to the Native & Search API Product Bulletin. This update includes a quick snapshot of recent and upcoming releases and is focused on features supported by the API. A summary of supported functionality is also included.
Product Bulletins are updated on a monthly cadence for Native & Search API partners, account managers and developers.
Tune into the February Product Bulletin podcast for the latest on Native & Search API features, changes and product enhancements released this month by the product development team.
New: Native Keyword Retargeting¶
- Verizon Media now provides you with a new feature capability for Native Keyword Retargeting (KRT) as an option, when you define your audience in the Native & Search UI. With this powerful feature capability, you now have the tools and capability to customize search intent targeting at the keyword level with match types and variants. For details on the API that goes into Campaigns, with the JSON example using a POST method, see details in Create a search retargeting campaign in the Operations section of Campaigns API documentation. Also see Fields documentation for details about the new targeting attribute. A guide to how it works, along with workflow steps, FAQs and more resources, is available in the Advertiser Guide.
Support for Subdomain Blocking¶
- Native & Search now provides “fan out” support for up to 3 domain levels. This means that if you block a domain, we will block the subdomains beneath your input, up to 3 levels. Exact matches to the input domain will always be honored, but fan out is still only supported up to 3 levels. Note that we do not support path blocking. For more details and explicit examples, see the Advertiser Guide.
New: List of Site Names for Site X Device Targets¶
- We’ve added a new list of valid site names for Site X device targets in the the Data Dictionary. This includes new endpoints for filtering by category and by MAIL, and is now the source of truth for all bid by Site X devices. See the section in the Data Dictionary for details.
[UI] New: Ad Preview on Verizon Media Properties¶
- We’ve added support to preview your ad on Verizon Media Properties. Previewing your ad before it serves is a useful and important best practice for advertisers, ensuring that the look and feel of your ad is what you want on Verizon Media properties, either on desktop or mobile. By previewing your ad before it serves, you can review the ad for quality and landing page behavior as it appears on Verizon Media properties. For more details about how it works in the Native & Search UI, as well as on Mobile Web with the Oath Ad Platforms mobile app on Apple’s iPhone, see Preview Your Ad in the Advertiser Guide.
Reminder: Codes to Download for Location Mapping & Targeting¶
- We’ve updated codes for AdWords location mapping, Geo targeting, Interest targeting and Language targeting. You can download these updated resources as comma-separated values (.csv) files.
Reminder: New API Endpoints Documentation¶
Reminder: Zip Code Targeting Available via API for Native Campaigns¶
Reminder: Glossary of Native & Search Terms¶
Reminder: Updated Postman to v3 Endpoint¶
- Updated the Postman collection to the v3 endpoint for all API calls. Using Postman, you can test and verify the calls you make in the Native & Search API. See Postman API Toolkit.
Reminder: Bulk Downloads Performance¶
If you have a large account and notice your bulk downloads are taking longer over time, please consider deleting dormant or orphaned objects (Campaigns, Keywords, Ads, Ad Groups). See the Native & Search Guide for more details on Bulk operations.
Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix¶
- A matrix is available which details the required fields when serving different ad types. For more information, see the Matrix view of required fields.