Welcome to the Native & Search API Product Bulletin. This update includes a quick snapshot of recent and upcoming releases and is focused on features supported by the API. A summary of supported functionality is also included.
Product Bulletins are updated on a monthly cadence for Native & Search API partners, account managers and developers.
- March, 2019
- New: Verizon Media State of Native Ebook for Download
- Reminder: Native Keyword Retargeting Resources
- Reminder: Support for Subdomain Blocking
- Reminder: List of Site Names for Site X Device Targets
- Reminder: Glossary of Native & Search Terms
- Reminder: Updated Postman to v3 Endpoint
- Reminder: Bulk Downloads Performance
- Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix
New: Verizon Media State of Native Ebook for Download¶
- With Native advertising making up nearly 60 percent of all digital display spending in 2018 – a 10 percent increase over the previous year – Verizon Media continues to innovate on different native features and formats to offer advertisers powerful new options. For a deeper understanding of the power of Native, you can download The State of Native ebook, which addresses important topics for Verizon Media advertisers, including: State of the industry; Context is King; Value beyond the click; and The next generation of native. Check out Redefining Native in the Advertiser Guide for the link to download the ebook.
Reminder: Native Keyword Retargeting Resources¶
- As announced in February, Verizon Media now provides you with a new feature capability for Native Keyword Retargeting (KRT) as an option, when you define your audience in the Native & Search UI. With this powerful feature capability, you now have the tools and capability to customize search intent targeting at the keyword level with match types and variants. For details on the API that goes into Campaigns, with the JSON example using a POST method, see details in Create a search retargeting campaign in the Operations section of Campaigns API documentation. Also see Fields documentation for details about the new targeting attribute. See the Advertiser Guide for details on how it works, along with workflow steps, FAQs and more resources.
Reminder: Support for Subdomain Blocking¶
- Native & Search now provides “fan out” support for up to 3 domain levels. This means that if you block a domain, we will block the subdomains beneath your input, up to 3 levels. Exact matches to the input domain will always be honored, but fan out is still only supported up to 3 levels. Note that we do not support path blocking. For more details and explicit examples, see the Advertiser Guide.
Reminder: List of Site Names for Site X Device Targets¶
- We’ve added a new list of valid site names for Site X device targets in the Data Dictionary. This includes new endpoints for filtering by category and by MAIL, and is now the source of truth for all bid by Site X devices. See the section in the Data Dictionary for details.
Reminder: Glossary of Native & Search Terms¶
Reminder: Updated Postman to v3 Endpoint¶
- Updated the Postman collection to the v3 endpoint for all API calls. Using Postman, you can test and verify the calls you make in the Native & Search API. See Postman API Toolkit.
Reminder: Bulk Downloads Performance¶
If you have a large account and notice your bulk downloads are taking longer over time, please consider deleting dormant or orphaned objects (Campaigns, Keywords, Ads, Ad Groups). See the Native & Search Guide for more details on Bulk operations.
Required Fields by Ad Type Matrix¶
- A matrix is available which details the required fields when serving different ad types. For more information, see the Matrix view of required fields.